Here are some dos and don’ts for aqua ride tour guides:
- Do sleep well on the night(s) before the day(s) you are to take people for aqua ride tours.
- Do refresh your knowledge on the principles for aqua riding, before taking people for aqua ride tours.
- Do explain to the people you are taking for aqua ride tours what they should expect, before embarking on the actual tours. Try to manage their expectations.
- Do try to be punctual on the aqua ride tours. Take, for instance, a case where you told the people you are guiding that the aqua ride tour is to start at 10 am. In that case, you should do your best to ensure that that is when the tour actually starts. Or take another case where you told the people you are guiding that the aqua ride tour is to be two hours long. In that case, you should do your best to ensure that it doesn’t go much beyond (or below) that. If it goes much beyond that, there is a risk of it interacting with their schedules for other activities. And if it goes much below that, there is a risk of them feeling cheated.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol before taking people for aqua ride tours. In fact, you should avoid alcohol altogether before these sorts of undertakings.
- Don’t explain each and everything you encounter to the people you are guiding on the aqua ride tour. Allow them to figure out some things for themselves. But do explain the important aspects of what you encounter in the course of the tour.
- Don’t be too aggressive in asking for tips from the people you take for aqua ride tours. And even when it comes to accepting the tips, be flexible. For instance, one of the people you are guiding may have visited the PrepaidCardStatus login page, signed in, and found that he has a bit of money in his prepaid card. He may subsequently wish to tip you using the said funds… You should be flexible enough to accept such tips – even if it means creating a merchant account for the purpose. Otherwise if you insist on only huge, hard cash tip payments, you may end up being frustrated.
- Don’t allow the people you are taking for aqua ride tours to disregard safety rules. You have to understand that if there is an incident or accident on account of your charges disregarding the safety rules, the blame would be largely on you – as the aqua ride tour guide.